Friday, January 19, 2007

Why Attack L.A. or N.Y.?

Whew! Got an entry in this week; was afraid I MIGHT not make it... Been very busy, doing a few interviews for God is a Woman: Dating Disasters and a photo shoot for the book the other night. I will keep you updated here as the interviews, etc, appear. Also, I got a monthly column for a Chicago magazine. Again, I'll keep you posted.

I was sick the last couple days and rented some flicks to have on in the background while I worked away. Got several alien flicks. The most notable one was Independence Day. My question is: Why would aliens attack L.A. and New York? What's the point?

I could see why terrestial attacks would need to take place at these ports, to establish a footing. But extraterrestial attacks? No way they would EVER attack L.A or N.Y. NEVER. I had this discussion with a producer who read my script IP and liked very much that the aliens in there did not attack L.A. or N.Y.

Did anyone think when they chose L.A. and N.Y. as alien attack points? Clearly not. Why would they attack there? Look at a map of North America and think where would you attack if you were aliens that could attack at any point? Hmm... what would break an enemy? Look hard... think... hey, how about Chicago, Detroit, Milwaukee, Toronto, Buffalo, Cleveland...? The largest source of freshwater are the Great Lakes. The largest medium for transporting products is still the Great Lakes. Cut-off the water supply to most of the country, as well as the transporting avenue, you'll break the enemy pretty quickly.

Nothing too exciting here, I'm just really getting sick of watching aliens attack L.A. and N.Y. What the hell for? Are they pissed about Broadway ticket prices? Hardly the move of a more intelligent species. Take a little time to think, Hollywood sci-fi mongols. It will go a LONG way to making your flicks more realistic!

No comments: