Friday, December 1, 2006

Be Approachable

I promised to post a piece of dating advice for women and had two different articles ready to go, but unfortunately/fortunately both got picked up by two different dating sites for women. I'll post the link and let you know when they get published. In order to keep my promise, I have pasted this excerpt from God is a Woman: Dating Disasters. It's a "quickie"--a short piece of dating advice in between chapters of the book, geared toward either women or men. This one is also on www.godisawoman.net.

I HAVE A LOT OF WOMEN FRIENDS. MANY OF THEM COMPLAIN THAT GUYS don't approach them, whether they're at a bar, sporting event, party, or so forth. Contrary to popular opinion, when we guys are on the prowl, we're not looking for pretty women with great bodies; we're looking for approachable women.

When a woman catches a guy's eye, he watches her for a moment before deciding whether to approach. Is she smiling? Laughing? Does she look like she's having a good time? Is she drinking? Are her arms crossed? Is she arguing or debating with anyone? The guy is trying to determine if she's approachable, if she wants to meet someone. Women with crossed arms or who are debating a serious topic, tend to be much harder to approach. Women who aren't drinking tend to be out because their friends dragged them out, not because they want to be, at least as far as guys are concerned.

Women that don't catch a guy's eye when he originally surveys the room often will catch it later with lots of smiling and laughter. Their demeanor makes them attractive. Look around. Are the guys hitting on the smiling, laughing women, or the sourpusses? Among friends, who gets hit on the most--the smiling, laughing ones or the frowning ones with crossed arms?

A lot of my women friends don't look approachable. They're great women, but they're not sending out a welcoming vibe. Want to meet more men? Smile. Laugh. Have fun. The guys will come.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is awesome advice :)

Anonymous said...

Nice post! Would you please give more advice on how to choose dating sites? I registered myself on several dating sites now. I hope it can increase my chances. You can see my name on millionairematch.com, yahoo personal, match etc. A hot and financially stable girl is What I am looking for.

Get Me Wear said...

Love, love, love the advice. I've actually started a line of clothing based on this very idea. Check it out at www.getmewear.com. It's all about approachability and making it EASIER for men.

Anonymous said...

This is really good advice. Eben though I tend to be the girl who is smiling, drinking (not too much) and having a good time guys tend to hit on the "sexy" skinny girls. Nonetheless, I try not to let the fact that if someone approaches me or not makes or breaks my night. I go out to have fun with friends...

Anonymous said...

Hey,

I keep coming to this website[url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips].[/url]You have really contiributed very good info here didyoustoptothink.blogspot.com. Do you pay attention towards your health?. In plain english I must warn you that, you are not serious about your health. Research indicates that about 70% of all U.S. grownups are either chubby or weighty[url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips].[/url] So if you're one of these individuals, you're not alone. In fact, most of us need to lose a few pounds once in a while to get sexy and perfect six pack abs. Now next question is how you can achive quick weight loss? [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips]Quick weight loss[/url] is really not as tough as you think. You need to improve some of you daily habbits to achive weight loss in short span of time.

About me: I am webmaster of [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips]Quick weight loss tips[/url]. I am also health trainer who can help you lose weight quickly. If you do not want to go under difficult training program than you may also try [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/acai-berry-for-quick-weight-loss]Acai Berry[/url] or [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/colon-cleanse-for-weight-loss]Colon Cleansing[/url] for fast weight loss.

Anonymous said...

Sorry for my bad english. Thank you so much for your good post. Your post helped me in my college assignment, If you can provide me more details please email me.

Anonymous said...

I'm really Glad i came across this site.Added didyoustoptothink.blogspot.com to my bookmark!

Anonymous said...

edith labelle dating gsp http://loveepicentre.com/advice/ teachers in usa dating
sex dating partner [url=http://loveepicentre.com/articles/]michelle wie dating[/url] dating black book picking up women
perils of dating a workaholic male [url=http://loveepicentre.com/contact/]free san antonio dating[/url] who is kirsten powers dating [url=http://loveepicentre.com/user/mirul/]mirul[/url] who is lance moore dating