Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Site Up and To Kill or Not To Kill

Hey All,

As some of you may know, part of the reason I've been gone from my blog so much has been due to my website. I've been working hard to update it and I finally got it up. It now has a bunch of stories from the book up. It also has standup stories up, as well, not to mention my column "Lunch is Not a Date." I hope you get a chance to check it out and spread the word. For any of you using Expression (I've been using Expression; eventually I'll learn Dreamweaver, but for now time was of the essence) and you've noticed you've had trouble with the formatting (it tends to add underlines that it won't remove, change colors, and so forth), I learned a little secret: type what you want in FrontPage, then paste it into Expression and you won't have any trouble. Crazy but it works.

Yesterday, I was on my way to play some vball on the beach. I always walk down, about 1 1/2 miles from my place, and on the way I came across a bunch of seagulls, eating fries in the middle of the street. A car came speeding along the curve and hit one of the gulls. It lay there, still alive but unable to move. The car had hit it hard enough to push it out of the street. I stood there for a few minutes, watching the poor thing writhe and cry out in pain. I thought about kicking it back into the path of cars, where it would be finished off. In the end, I left it there, letting fate takeover. My question? Did I do the right thing? What would you do? Kill or not kill?

No comments: