Wednesday, May 9, 2007

Top Two Idiots in the World

There are a lot of stupid people out there in the world. That being the case, you'd think it would be virtually impossible for the two biggest idiots to ever be in the same area, let alone meet. Alas, I was there when it happened.

Over the weekend I went to get my car to go play some tennis. I like to play on the outskirts of the city, where there are plenty of empty courts and where my opponent and I can play for as long as we like; as opposed to playing in the city, where courts are crowded and you can't play for more than an hour. I usually pick up whoever I'm playing and we head out for up to a four hour bout.

I got out to my car. Like most cities, parking is hard to find. You can spend thirty minutes looking for a spot on any given day. I started my car as a parked-illegaly SUV backed down the street, wanting my spot. Another car pulled up behind me. They met at the mid-section of my car and refused to move. I was boxed in. I yelled at them. It didn't matter. Forget that I couldn't get out of the spot and neither of them could park in it, they weren't budging. I threatened to call the police. Nothing. It wasn't until I actually dialed the police and started talking to them before the SUV pulled away. Clearly the two top idiots in the world.

Just FYI, I will be on Spain's largest English speaking radio station tomorrow (www.rem.fm). Should be fun. I go on around 1:40 CST and the show is aired online, too. For anyone who wrote a review on Amazon, please feel free to put it up on Amazon.co.uk, too, as that's where Europe buys books online. Thanks. Here is part of an article for a popular Chicago newspaper I was the expert for in today's issue (the sidebars are missing and only available in the hardcopy version).

http://redeye.chicagotribune.com/red-050907-dating-main,0,4613636.story

Feel free to check it out. Gotta run; off to move my car for street cleaning. Ugh!

2 comments:

Legal Pub said...

You are on your way to guru status! I am half way through your book and should complete my full review soon.

The trib article contains some good advice. Humor can be a powerful teaching aid.

savannah said...

at least they moved....and it wasn't snowing :)

be well, sugar