Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Worst First Date Question

"So, how come you're still single?"

That's it. That is the worst first date question. I have no idea why someone asks this question, especially since the answer is so obvious and already known.

"I just haven't met the right person."

Why is this such a bad question? It breaks the momentum of the date. It shows skepticism. It waves a red flag that you're looking to get very serious, very quickly. It also puts your date on the spot. Mostly, it turns the date into a job interview. Know anyone who likes going on a job interview? Why, then, would you want to turn your date into one?

"Why do you want to leave your current job?" (That's the job interview equivilant question.)

"Because I love it and they overpay me."

If someone asks you this question on a date, kill it.

"I haven't been able to find anyone who could keep up with me in bed."

Deal with that.

1 comment:

Karyn said...

that's a bad date question but the worst question to get at the end of a first date is, "can you see yourself marrying me within the next two years?" yes, i've had that question. and no, i never returned any of his phone calls.